7:00 – 7:15pm Welcoming speech
Jeff Skinner (Executive Director of the Deloitte Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
7:15 – 7:25pm Introduction to 2017 HealthTech Challenge
7:25 – 7:45pm Speaker presentation
Eoin Hyde (Co-founder & CEO at innersight, the winning team of 2016 HTC)
7:45 – 8:30pm Panel discussion
Dr. Claire Novorol (Co-founder & Chief Medical Officer at ADA, personal healthcare service)
Gabriele Dini (Investment Manager at Breed Reply, mentor for previous HTC finalists)
Andrew Tingey (Director of Healthcare Licensing at Imperial Innovations)
Julie Bretland (Founder & Director at Our Mobile Health, mobile/digital health technology consulting)
8:30 – 9:30pm Networking session
The finalists will pitch their proposals to a panel of judges at an exciting event to decide who wins first place and a prize of £10,000.
6.00 – 6.40 pm Demonstrations @ Park Suite 1
6.40 – 8.00 pm Presentations @ Wolfson Lecture Theater
8.00 pm @ Networking @ Park Suite 1
Judges and speakers:
- Dr. Anil Ohri, CEO, Regent’s Park Healthcare
- Nigel Ten Fleming, CEO, ADVentura Capital SL
- Clifford Murphy, Partner, ConAlliance
- Alan Barrell, Entrepreneur in Residence, Judge Business School
- Jurek Sikorski, Entrepreneur in Residence, London Business School
- Jeff Skinner, Executive Director, Deloitte Institute of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The judges will notify teams that have advanced to the final round.
Thursday, March 31st is the submission deadline for your PowerPoint presentation (no more than 6 slides) outlining your business idea and a 2 minute video ‘elevator pitch’.
1) Panel event about PE and VC in Healthcare, addressing questions such as:
- How is it to work in PE/VC in the Healthcare Industry?
- What are the key challenges in the Industry from a VC/PE perspective?
- How to create value in Healthcare?
2) HealthTech Challenge Mixer with the IP expert
- IP rights and application for biomedical technologies
3) Followed by networking session
- Mackenna Roberts. Associate at IP Asset Partnership Ltd in London, IP consultant to IP Asset Ventures and adviser to the Centre for the Advancement of Sustainable Medical Innovation (CASMI), a European initiative aimed at accelerating more affordable therapies to patients
- Andrew McLean. Principal Investor at Oxford Sciences Innovation
- Farooq Abbasi. Technology Venture Investor at Mosaic Ventures
- Alexander Chajecki. KKR. Alexander is a Private Equity Investor at KKR.
IP rights and application for biomedical technologies
The 2016 HealthTech Challenge (HTC) opened successfully on 12th February with lots of interest and enquiries.
On behalf of the Healthcare Club, we invite you to join them on 24th Feb, at 6.30pm in LT3 for the first mixer event. The mixer event will provide you face-to-face interaction between potential participants and provide more practical tips from industry experts. There will also be an opportunity to meet those from other disciplines and institutions who share your enthusiasm for healthcare entrepreneurship.
The agenda for the evening as follows:
- 6.30 - 7.00 pm: Talk by Dr. Eli Keshavarz-Moore on how to write a business plan Professor of Bioprocess Science and Enterprise at UCL
- 7.00 - 7.30 pm: Talk by Rhys Williams & Giulia Barbareschi on their HTC journey Winner of HealthTech Challenge 2015
- 7.30 - 8.30 pm: Networking
The 2016 HealthTech Challenge (HTC) opens on the 12th February with the Finals hosted by the London Business School Healthcare Club on May 27th.
The underlying aim of the HTC is to enable early-stage biomedical researchers to develop the commercial potential of their technology by injecting commercial expertise from business students.
Finalist teams present their business plans to a judging panel composed of experts from industry and academia and can win the ‘Dhruv Batra' £10,000 cash prize to facilitate development of their idea.
First of all, on behalf of the London Business School Healthcare Club, the HTC team would like to welcome you to the kick-off of the HTC.
We will cover the timing, stages and criteria of the HTC as well as offering some practical advice and tips for potential applicants.
In particular, this year brings you two amazing speakers from the healthcare entrepreneurship sector.
- Dr. Robert A. Phillips: Lecturer in entrepreneurship at Manchester Business School, University of Manchester
- Dr. Jemma Gatliff: Co-Founder of Keregen Therapeutics, Winner of the OneStart 2015 Europe
If you missed the event, find hereby attached the information presented.